"Completely Optional" Rules:1. You have to post these rules.
2. Each person has to share 13 things about them.
3. Answer the 13 questions asked to you and invent 13 questions the people you tag will have to answer.
4. Choose 13 people.
5. You have to tag 13 people.
6. You can't say you don't do tags.
7. Tag-backs are ALLOWED.
8. YOU MUST MAKE A JOURNAL ENTRY. NO COMMENTS. Unless you're commenting about the actual entry.
9. <s>You have to finish this within a week. If not, you'll have to do whatever the creator tells you to. Art, rp, etc. Meh.
10. Be creative with the title. No "I've Got Tagged" things. You can't tell me what to do. >
About me:1. I have a pretty bad sweet tooth that will undoubtedly be my teeth's undoing.
2. I love knee high socks and wear them every day. Ankle socks have always felt really uncomfortable to me. (Bonus fact: All my socks are different colors that I like to match with whatever outfit I'm wearing that day.)
3. One time my younger cousin told me that when I wore a certain pair of my knee-high socks, my legs reminded her of TFP Starscream, one of the best compliments ever in my opinion. (Second best compliment was when someone at school came up to me in the hallway and told me I had a really nice neck. :> )
4. I love Western animated cartoons, both for their creativity and wide variety of stylizations. (I'm not a big fan of slapstick or sitcom types of cartoons though, even if they're good quality. Examples being Looney Tunes and Bob's Burgers.)
5. While I do enjoy Anime occasionally, it's usually the more Western styled ones that hook me in. (Soul Eater, Space Dandy, Gurren Lagann, ect.)
6. I have a strange fascination with B-movie cartoon movies. The ones where you can tell they didn't have that much of a budget, and the story's sort of slapped together, but you can still feel the effort behind it. Bonus points if they feature animated blood. (Dead Space movie, Mass Effect Paragon Lost, Appleseed)
7. I enjoy playing D&D with friends in my spare time. I'm still learning how to do improv roleplaying, but I try. ^^
8. I do nearly all of my work on the floor, computer, drawing, paperwork, ect. It's just more comfortable. Luckily my current roommates all have similar opinions and consequentially, we have no chairs in our apartment and our dining room table is a kotatsu.
9. I've been a huge fan of Sonic the Hedgehog ever since I can remember. If I had to pick one cartoon character to be my spirit animal, it would be Sonic as he's portrayed in Sonic X. (A bit of a loner, likes to chill, friendly, easy going, gets stuff done when it matters, spouts cheesy one liners from time to time.)
10. I'm a collector of fine musics including copious amounts of video game remixes, chiptune pop, and alternative rock. As a result of being part of a symphonic band for over 9 years however, I can be very picky when it comes to composition quality. (Must have lots of emotion, complex beat/tempo arrangement, and have a beginning, middle, and end to the song.)
11. I am quite sensitive to sounds and relate heavily to the concept of misophonia. Certain sounds making me have to physically leave the room for how irate they make me feel for no reason. It's mostly certain eating sounds, but also includes a few white noise variants and other miscellaneous noises.
12. I almost never swear. If I do, it's usually if I'm quoting something or if I'm completely alone, just to keep myself company.
13. I'm naturally very quiet when I move around. This has led to many awkward moments where I startle my roommates by suddenly being right behind them or at the end of a dark hallway. (The fact that I end up laying on random patches of floor just makes things worse.) At work I make a conscious effort to make my footsteps louder so I don't startle customers.
Mediziner's Questions for Me1. What do you excel best in your art style? Realism, Cartoony, both, or mix.
I excel more at rendering and coloring than the actual drawing. (I struggle so much with drawing sometimes it's not even funny.) My preferred style is cartoony realism.
2. What kind of art do you like the most, and why?
I love stylized art, typically with strong colors, due to it's efficiency in conveying large amounts of information in simple forms and strokes.
3. Have you gone to a con before?
I've been to a small convention my school hosted as well as GaymerX, another rather small con in San Jose.
4. Are you talented in anything else other than art/literature?
I can play 5 different instruments, identify over 150 different species of MN prairie plants by their scientific name, and do a decent amount of home improvement/fixing random stuff around the house. I'm also pretty good at climbing trees. I sort of consider myself a jack of all trades.
5. On an average of 1 - 100, how much of a gamer are you?
A solid 65. Though I don't play as many games as some people, I still play a decent amount. Sometimes when I'm working on art I'll watch let's plays of games as well.
6. Do you have a favourite Anime/Manga?
Oops, I already listed some of my favorite Anime up above. Here's a longer list of my favorites though. (Soul Eater, Space Dandy, Gurren Lagann, Parasyte, High School of the Dead, Ouron Host Club, Trigun, Summer Wars) I don't care for Manga though. Never been a big fan of reading comic books in general, much less Japanese comic books.
7. If you had to choose, would you be more of a dog lover or a cat lover?
Cats forever. Much more cuddly and laid back than dogs. (And they smell better too.)
8. Speed, Power, or Flight: If you had to pick one of these three abilities, which one would you pick?
Flight for sure.
9. What games/shows/movies have you've grown up with?
The most influential ones in chronological order. (Sonic, Pokemon, Danny Phantom, Transformers)
10. Do you like the daytime or the nighttime more?
Both are great in completely different ways.
11. Have you seen the galaxy/milky way before at night? (Photographs don't count!)
Of course! I find it sort of sad and hard to believe that anyone hasn't at he some point in their life.
12. If you had a free plane ticket that could take you to any country, where do you want to visit!?
Back to France since I actually know some French. Brazil would be amazing as well.
13. What's your most favourite culture? Canadian. It's like American culture, but more sensible.
My questions for you!
1. What are your favorite Western Cartoons? (ie. North American/European)
2. If you could have any natural hair color, what would it be? (mine would some shade of purple)
3. Least favorite food.
4. If you had to pick a cartoon character to be your spirit animal, who would it be?
5. What is your preferred kind of footwear?
6. If you could have any animal as a domesticated pet, what would it be?
7. Favorite Disney film and favorite Pixar film. (Yeah, that's right. List two films. > )
8. Favorite underrated movie or cartoon. (It doesn't have to be good to like it.)
9. Hardest video game you ever beat.
10. If you could learn one complex skill, what would it be? (Mine would be how to fix cars)
11. Favorite internet meme.
12. Do you like to cook/bake?
13. Favorite species of plant.
I Tag1. Do
13. a dirty cheater.
Also, if you want to just post your answers in the comments below, that's totally fine with me.